Where To Go
If your home or business is in immediate danger act on your emergency plan, grab your emergency kit and go to one of your chosen meeting places. Let your neighbours know where you are going and take your pets with you.
If an official evacuation is necessary, an emergency services person may contact you and advise you:
- when you will need to evacuate
- where the evacuation centres are located and which one you are to go to
- (register at the evacuation centre if advised to do so even if you do not intend to stay there)
- how to get to the evacuation centre
- who is able to assist you
- where you can access more information about the event
- for how long you are likely to be affected by the emergency
Keep listening to your local radio station and stay calm.